Thursday, February 28, 2013

Asymmetrical Beige on Beige

The story of this dress is one of relentless pursuit.  When I initially saw it, it was full price.  I couldn't rationalize it.  I checked back periodically as it was marked down again and again until finally it was marked down to just $13.  Then I grabbed it.
 

How glorious is this dress?  I love the one-shoulder ruffle with leopard on the obverse.  Since we determined yesterday that leopard is the new beige, this outfit is beige on beige.  I looked in the mirror after I pinned the first side of my hair and realized that I could keep the asymmetry going.  Then I added one stud earring and one dangley one.  Yay for a theme.
 

Dress, Ross Dress for Less; sweater, Victoria's Secret; tights, Target; boots, Shoe Carnival; earrings, various.
 

I had no choice but to add a sweater because, well, it's February.

Image Credit: eShakti.com

Edited to add: If you're looking for a similar dress check out the Madeline dress from eShakti.com.  It doesn't have to lovely leopardness, but it keeps the rocking ruffle.

1 comment:

  1. This dress looks amazing on you. And I love that you kept the asymmetry going with the hair and earrings!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.