Friday, February 8, 2013

Circus Days

I went to the circus with my mom last night.  The circus!  I love the circus.  I texted Stephen during intermission to express my joy at the experience.

Me: I saw elephants and camels and a tiny miniature horse.
Stephen: Ok.  Have you been mauled by a tiger for trying to cuddle it?
Me: Not yet, but there is still time.
 

There were no tigers or lions or bears, but that's ok with me.  All the animals they had at this circus were domestic, and from an animal welfare point of view that is probably better.  I can forgo seeing tigers at the circus.  All the animals appeared to be in beautiful health, with well-fleshed bodies and shiny coats.
 

I like how the colors and patterns mix and (don't) match.  Sequins (supplied by the cowl) are very necessary for a circus expedition.
 

Jacket, thrifted, dress, thrifted; thermal tee, Walmart; cowl, handmade by me; thermal tights, I don't remember; tights, Target; boots, Delia's; earrings and bracelet, Claire's.

I brought a piece of the circus home with me.  My mom got this awesome tiger mug for me, and now it will hold the Splenda for my coffee.  Watch out.  My cappuccino machine is now guarded by a tiger.
 




It was late.  I was excited.  I have a childlike sense of wonder.  As they say at the finale of Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus, may all your days be circus days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.