Saturday, February 2, 2013

Closet Excavation: The First Month

I've been excavating my closet since December 29, and I have made it through animal print dresses and about half of my black dresses.  Part of the reason is that life was kind of upside down during most of January, and part is that I have a lot of clothes.  I especially have a lot of dresses.
I know I went with the obvious choice some days, but I was pleased with the way the challenge encouraged me to rethink the way I wore pieces.
 

It was a bit of a stretch to wear the dress on the left as a shirt with a skirt, and a bigger reinvention to wear the dress on the right as a top with jeans.

The challenge has also encouraged me to combine more pieces... so I can finish the challenge more quickly.

 I won't be forced to pair the colorful jacket on the left with anything awkward later in the challenge, and the top and bottom of the elephant-print set below are both checked off along with the black dresses with which I paired them.

I like that I've forced myself to tackle my wardrobe systematically.  I'm working from color to color down the row, so I'm not giving myself the option to skip pieces indefinitely.  Even though I shuffled the order of some of the animal print and black dresses, I knew I would have to wear them all before I could move on to the next color.  

It make take a long time to finish the Closet Excavation.  I still have close to a dozen black and black-print dresses before I move into grey, white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, etc. and then on to tunics, tops, skirts and so on.  Wish me luck.  I'm sure to excavate more treasures.

1 comment:

  1. You've remixed your pieces very well, I'd say!

    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.