Friday, February 1, 2013

Gold Elephants on Parade

This skirt goes with the top I wore yesterday.  I like the top better than the skirt.  They're not pink elephants on parade because that's a metaphor for hallucinations resulting from heavy drinking, and I haven't been doing any of that.
 

Dress, Walmart; skirt, thrifted; tights, Target; shoes, Younkers; earrings, handmade by me; necklace, purchased in India.
Weird pose.
These brass elephant heads spent a few years in my bead collection before I made them into earrings. They were absolutely meant to be paired with this skirt or the matching top.  The necklace is from my trip to India.  It is a mangalsutra necklace which groom ties around the bride's neck on their wedding day, to show that she is his wife and life mate.  From the descriptions I heard in India, it seemed similar to the concept of a wedding ring.  
 

I think I might make it a policy to wear wrap skirts over a dress from now on.  I loved the extra wardrobe-malfunction security afforded by the dress.  Wrap skirts tend to be a strong breeze away from embarrassment.  Usually I wear a slip under wrap skirts, but a dress underneath seems even more secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.