|I saw a municipal sign that said this while I was in India,|
but I can't find the photo I took of it.
Image Credit: SomeEcards.com
- Lists: This one isn't a product, but it is key to most everything I get done in life, cleaning included. When I make a list and then check things off, it gives me a plan to follow and then the feeling of accomplishment associated with checking things off. It may sound silly, but looking at my list at the end of the day just makes me feel good.
- Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Products: This isn't rocket science. Mrs. Meyer's products work well, smell nice, and are safe to use around pets (and children if you have those). I especially like the lavender and basil scents. I use the All Purpose Cleaner on pretty much everything (counters, sinks, shower, floors, etc.). A bottle of the concentrate lasts a really long time. I use the Surface Scrub on the kitchen sink and stove. I have used the dryer sheets, laundry detergent, and dish soap when I've found them on sale. And did I mention how good they smell. Really good. The company calls them "aromatherapeutic household cleaners," and they're not kidding.
- OxiClean: I drink a lot of coffee. I spill a lot of coffee. Oxiclean keeps the few white garments I own from becoming coffee colored. I like that I can also use it on patterned or colored clothes, unlike chlorine bleach.
- Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Kit: I like the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Kit because it allows you to use any cleaning product you choose to clean the floor (I choose Mrs. Meyers), and the wet and dry cleaning pads are machine washable and reusable so it doesn't create as much trash as Swiffer or similar products.
- Dustbuster Cordless Vacuum: This one is a new addition to my cleaning arsenal, but it is so darn convenient to have a small, hand-held vacuum for small spills in the kitchen, crud in the car, and even the tiny carcasses of the lady beetles that are currently trying to take over my house. I hate vacuuming. It is by far my least favorite cleaning task because it hurts my ears, but the little vacuum isn't nearly as offensive.
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links. All opinions are my own, and I was not asked to review these items.