Monday, December 26, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane/ Recovery

This is my last day of Christmas vacation.  My mom flew home this morning, so it feels like Christmas is over now.  As we were driving to the airport at five something A.M. she told me that every time she flies she gets the song "Leaving on a Jet Plane" as sung by the Mamas and the Papas Peter, Paul, and Mary stuck in her head.

We cried at the airport and then I cried some more on the way home.  There isn't much I miss about the state of Iowa, but I do miss my mom, my dad, and my beloved friends. 

We were a little bleary-eyed from lack of sleep and a few tears.

I am so glad I live in the age of fairly affordable air travel so I can see my loved ones even though they live halfway across the country











I will need some time to recover from all the celebrations of the last few days.  I am hung over from all the high-fat, high-sugar, carb-laden foods.  (No alcohol required for this hangover.)  I think I will have veggies for dinner tonight to clear my system.  I have fresh turnips, broccoli, and sweet potatoes, all from Stephen's great aunt and uncle's garden.  I also have leftover asparagus and salad greens to round out my veggie extravaganza. I am drinking big cups of herbal tea to rehydrate from all the salt too.

 
Pink sweater, Jeanne Pierre, thrifted; purple turtleneck, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Younkers; jeans, Rejoice Jeans, Marshall's; black and tan casual flats, Mossimo, Target; yarn ball necklace, handmade and gifted by my friend Chenille (thanks Chenille!); beaded earrings, handmade and gifted by my mother in law (thanks Mary Ann!)

 

 I was going for comfort today.  I am toasty warm and getting ready for my week.

My wonderful friend Chenille made this yarn ball necklace for me for Christmas.  I'll post the link to her etsy site when it is up and running.  My also wonderful mother in law made these lovely beaded earrings for me.  You won't get a pair of them unless you marry her son.  Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Not to nit-pick, but that would be "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Peter, Paul and Mary. Same song, slightly different internal soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can nit pick any time, Mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.