Sunday, December 18, 2011

Clean Sweep

I know my husband didn't marry me because I'm such a great housekeeper- and that's a good thing- but sometimes we've got to get the house in tip-top shape.  We are having friends over for dinner tonight and family coming over the next couple weeks, so it was time to scrub, vacuum, and declutter.
I do not enjoy cleaning.  Anything I can find that makes it less odious is a good thing for me. Here are the products I highly recommend.
    Image Credit: amazon.com
    Mrs. Meyers Lavender Cleaner
  • Mrs. Meyers Clean Day I love this stuff.  Mrs. Meyers products are gentle, effective and lightly scented.  The scents are mild enough that they don't overpower you even after hours of cleaning but just enough to be positive reinforcement for cleaning.  I have the basil and lavender scents.  My mom uses these too.  I use Mrs. Meyers on floors, counters, sinks, bathrooms, and anything else that will hold still.  I also use the lavender laundry detergent.
  • Rubbermaid Reveal Mop This mop kit has made a huge difference in how often I sweep and mop the floors.  I use the Mrs. Meyers Clean Day all purpose cleaner to quickly and effectively clean all of our hard surface floors.  Because there is no major setup or cleanup, it is so simple to quickly sweep and mop in just a few minutes. 
  • Image Credit: amazon.com
    Roomba!

  • Clean Mama Printables Cleaning doesn't come naturally to me.  Clean Mama printables help me schedule cleaning and remind me of things that should be done.  I put a weekly schedule on the fridge and then I have a place to schedule cleaning and plan nightly dinners.  My weekly planner also has lovely check boxes to give me a feeling of accomplishment.  Wipe down counters?  Check!
  • Roomba If you hate cleaning and have a bunch of extra money to spend, go buy a Roomba.  We got ours as a hand-me-down from my mom.  She received it as a gift.  When ours dies I really hope we can get a new one.  It is wonderful to press a button and have a wonderful vacuuming robot clean the floors.  I don't care if it someday goes crazy and kills us all.  In the meantime we get clean floors without having to push the vacuum.
 Now that the house is nice and clean, I want to do my best to keep it that way.  I know I will inevitably slip in some ways, but the cleaner it is, the easier it is to keep it clean.  I'm trying to remember that next time I want to put off cleaning again.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Be nice.
    If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.